MAPLE SMOKED DUCK BREASTS•
Posted on October 20 2021
- 2 boneless duck breast halves, skin on
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup
- maple wood chips
- Season duck breasts on all sides with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow dish and cover with 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Cover, place in refrigerator, and allow to marinate 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat an electric smoker according to manufacturer's directions to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C) using maple wood chips.
- Remove duck breasts from marinade and rinse well. Pat dry with paper towels. Use a sharp knife to cut shallow cross-hatch marks into duck breast skin; do not cut all the way through to the meat. Brush with 2 teaspoons maple syrup.
- Place duck breasts, skin-side up, on grill rack in the smoker. Place a drip pan underneath. Smoke at 225 degrees F (110 degrees C) for 3 to 4 hours, adding more maple wood chips as necessary to keep smoke continuous, until duck breasts reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Cool to room temperature before slicing. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
GARLIC BUTTER SMOKE...
The perfect appetizer for your Thanksgiving feast.Read More
MAPLE SMOKED DUCK B...
They sound fancy, but these super easy and super tasty Maple Smoked Duck Breasts will leave your dinner guests feeling like you pulled out all the ...Read More
SMOKED STANDING RIB...
The smoker prep for this recipe is specifically for torpedo-style smokers, but can be adapted to other smokers. Tender and delicious!!Read More