1Beef Brisket, 5-6 lbs
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
2 Tsp Sugar
1 Tsp Pepper
- Rinse brisket with cold water and pat dry
- Combine all other ingredients and rub mixture all over brisket.
- Wrap brisket in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-8 hours (or overnight if you can).
- Remove brisket from the refrigerator one hour before cooking.
- Heat smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Place brisket in an aluminum foil pan and smoke until internal temperature.
- Once brisket hits 203-205 degree F, remove from smoker and let rest at least 15 minutes before carving.
It’s an internal temperature thing and not a timed thing.