Posted on October 08 2020
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely minced fresh parsley, plus more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- A pinch of coarsely ground black pepper, plus more if needed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 lemon, zested and halved
- Salt, optional
- Place the softened butter in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Whip the butter until it's fluffy. Add the parsley, red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic, lemon zest and the juice of half the lemon. Mix it until it's totally combined, scraping the sides as needed. Add more parsley, more lemon juice, more pepper or salt if you'd like.
- Lay out a long piece of plastic wrap and scoop the butter mixture in a long strip down the middle of it. Carefully pull one side of the plastic wrap over the butter, squeezing it gently to form it into a log. Continue to roll the log of butter into a roll. When it's all rolled up, twist the ends (like a piece of candy) until they become very taut (this means the butter is pressing together inside the plastic to form a cohesive roll). Place the roll of butter into the fridge so it will harden, or into the freezer if you need to speed along the process.
- This keeps beautifully in the fridge for 5 days or up to 6 months in the freezer.
Recipe and photo courtesy: Ree Drummond
SAVORY GRILLED HALL...
Never had grilled Halloumi? Now there's no excuse! This recipe would be fantastic with your favorite herb infused olive oil, too. Just don't add ...Read More
Fresh Grilled Pinea...
Excellent with fish, chicken or pork, this salsa is a fresh and delicious addition to your grilling repertoire. You might just find yourself eatin...Read More
CINCO DE MAYO SMOKE...
The only things we love more than tacos are more tacos.Read More