EASY GRILLED FLATBREAD•
Posted on June 01 2020
Ingredients:3 cups flour, bread or all-purpose
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 1/4 cups warm water
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
Flaky salt, for finishing
4 cloves of garlic, minced**
a large sprig of rosemary and parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl (regular or the bowl of a stand mixer,) stir together the flour, salt, and yeast.
- Made a well in the middle of the bowl and add the warm water and oil.
- Stir together until the mixture forms a shaggy mass. If using a stand mixer, use the dough hook and mix on low speed for 3-4 minutes.
- If mixing by hand, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is soft and smooth, 6-8 minutes. (If the dough feels sticky sprinkle on additional flour.)
- Transfer the kneaded dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean towel, and let proof for 30-60 minutes, until almost doubled in volume.
- Preheat your grill, (or you could use a grill pan.)
- Divide the dough into 4 even pieces with oiled hands. Smush a clove of minced garlic into each round. Make sure the dough is covered with oil on both sides.
- When the grill is ready, place the dough rounds onto the grate with the garlic side up. (They can lose shape a bit, it's Ok if they aren't perfect.)
- Grill for 3-4 mins per side, checking to make sure the bottom is golden before flipping.
- When done, brush with olive oil and sprinkles with flakey sea salt and fresh herbs.
- Enjoy warm or room temperature.
Courtesy: The Baker Chick
GARLIC BUTTER SMOKE...
The perfect appetizer for your Thanksgiving feast.Read More
MAPLE SMOKED DUCK B...
They sound fancy, but these super easy and super tasty Maple Smoked Duck Breasts will leave your dinner guests feeling like you pulled out all the ...Read More
SMOKED STANDING RIB...
The smoker prep for this recipe is specifically for torpedo-style smokers, but can be adapted to other smokers. Tender and delicious!!Read More