Ingredients:3 cups flour, bread or all-purpose
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 1/4 cups warm water
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
Flaky salt, for finishing
4 cloves of garlic, minced**
a large sprig of rosemary and parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl (regular or the bowl of a stand mixer,) stir together the flour, salt, and yeast.
- Made a well in the middle of the bowl and add the warm water and oil.
- Stir together until the mixture forms a shaggy mass. If using a stand mixer, use the dough hook and mix on low speed for 3-4 minutes.
- If mixing by hand, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is soft and smooth, 6-8 minutes. (If the dough feels sticky sprinkle on additional flour.)
- Transfer the kneaded dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean towel, and let proof for 30-60 minutes, until almost doubled in volume.
- Preheat your grill, (or you could use a grill pan.)
- Divide the dough into 4 even pieces with oiled hands. Smush a clove of minced garlic into each round. Make sure the dough is covered with oil on both sides.
- When the grill is ready, place the dough rounds onto the grate with the garlic side up. (They can lose shape a bit, it's Ok if they aren't perfect.)
- Grill for 3-4 mins per side, checking to make sure the bottom is golden before flipping.
- When done, brush with olive oil and sprinkles with flakey sea salt and fresh herbs.
- Enjoy warm or room temperature.
Courtesy: The Baker Chick