SMOKED BACON CANDY•
Posted on September 04 2020
- 1 lb Thick Cut Bacon, (Snake River Farms Brand or the best thick-cut bacon you can find)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl combine the brown sugar and maple syrup. Mix it thoroughly until you have a thick sugary paste.
- Open your pack of bacon and using a pair of tongs to put each piece into your bowl, one by one. Once all of the bacon is in the bowl, toss the pieces in the mixture until all of them have a sticky coating of brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Set your smoker to cook at 225 degrees. Oak, Cherry or Apple pellets are great for this recipe.
- When your smoker is up to temp, place each piece of bacon on the grill grate. Be sure to give each piece some good spacing. The bacon will shrink as it cooks, but it won’t cook evenly if you have pieces overlapping or touching one another.
- After an hour at 225 degrees flip each piece of bacon. The fat in the bacon is slowly rendering, and by flipping the bacon it will cook a little more evenly. If you really want to get crazy, you can brush some more maple syrup on the bacon slices after you flip them.
- Check on the bacon thirty minutes after the flip to check on the progress. Some of your pieces may look like they are close to done, and if that’s the case I’d recommend pulling those pieces off the smoker to taste test them. This bacon won’t crisp up the same way that bacon does in a skillet, but I promise you the flavor is out of this world.
Recipe courtesy of @smokedmeatsunday
MAPLE SMOKED DUCK B...
They sound fancy, but these super easy and super tasty Maple Smoked Duck Breasts will leave your dinner guests feeling like you pulled out all the ...Read More
SMOKED STANDING RIB...
The smoker prep for this recipe is specifically for torpedo-style smokers, but can be adapted to other smokers. Tender and delicious!!Read More
SAVORY GRILLED HALL...
Never had grilled Halloumi? Now there's no excuse! This recipe would be fantastic with your favorite herb infused olive oil, too. Just don't add ...Read More