Smoked Mac & Cheese•
Posted on February 18 2020
2-1/2 cups half and half, plus more if needed
8 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
5 tbsp butter, chilled, plus more for coating cast iron
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp hot sauce, or more to taste
3/4 tsp black pepper
16 oz elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups smoked mozzarella or gouda cheese, shredded
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp melted butter
- When ready to cook, set temperature to 180℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes. For optimal flavor, use Super Smoke if available.
- For the Sauce: Combine the half and half, 4 Tbsp chilled butter, cream cheese, hot sauce, dry mustard, and black pepper in a large 12” well-seasoned cast-iron skillet.
- Place the skillet on the grill grate, uncovered, and smoke the mixture for 30 minutes. Remove the sauce from the grill and whisk until smooth.
- Increase the grill temperature to 350℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- While the sauce smokes, cook the pasta 1-2 minutes less than the package directions call for in a large pot of salted, boiling water. The pasta will continue to cook on the grill.
- Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, drain again, and return to the pot. Toss the cooled pasta with the shredded cheeses.
- Pour the smoked sauce over the pasta and cheese, folding gently into the cooked pasta.
- Coat the inside of a cast-iron skillet with 1 Tbsp chilled butter and pour macaroni and cheese into the buttered skillet smoothing the top.
- Combine breadcrumbs with 2 Tbsp melted butter and sprinkle over the top of macaroni.
- Place the mac and cheese directly on the grill grate and bake until it is browned and bubbling--about 30-40 minutes.
*Cook times will vary depending on set and ambient temperatures.
ASIAN BARBECUE BURGERS
A fresh tasting burger that will surprise and delight you! Top with sliced green onions, super thin carrot and zuchinni shavings, and maybe some ci...Read More
CITRUS SMOKED BREAS...
In Europe, a roasted goose on the holiday table has been a tradition since ancient times. And while turkey may be plumper, there's nothing like t...Read More
GARLIC BUTTER SMOKE...
The perfect appetizer for your Thanksgiving feast.Read More