CHEDDAR AND ONION SMOKED PIG SHOTS•
Posted on August 13 2020
- 1 lb of thick sliced bacon (about 10-12 slices per pound, the bacon must be thick for these to work correctly.)
- 1 link of smoked sausage, kielbasa, etc.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 block of cheddar cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ onion, diced
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ rub
- Cut the sausage and bacon. If you cut the sausage about 1/2 inch thick, you can easily get 20-22 pieces. Cut the the bacon slices in half (enough for 22 pig shots).
- Place cream cheese into a small mixing bowl with about 3 Tbsp of BBQ rub. Mix well Place the mixture into a quart sized zip top bag and then snip a small bit of the corner from the bag so you can do some “piping”.
- Cut the cheddar cheese into cubes.
- Wrap a half slice of bacon around a piece of the sausage and secure it all the way through with a toothpick. This will get easier after you've done one or two.
- Place a cheddar cube down in the bacon cup and pipe the sour cream mixture into the bacon cup, almost filling it.
- Spoon about 1/2 tsp diced onions into the top of the cup.
- Sprinkle more BBQ rub on top of the completed cups.
- Get the smoker ready. You can literally use any smoker or even a grill for these as long as you can set it up for indirect cooking at about 250°F. If your smoker won't cook that hot, you can maintain a lower temperature but they will take longer to finish. If your smoker uses a water pan, fill it up.
- Place the tray of pig shots in the smoker and let them smoke with apple wood for about 1.5 hours or until the bacon has a good eating texture and the cheese is melted.
- Just as soon as you pull them out of the smoker, they are ready to eat.
MAPLE SMOKED DUCK B...
They sound fancy, but these super easy and super tasty Maple Smoked Duck Breasts will leave your dinner guests feeling like you pulled out all the ...Read More
SMOKED STANDING RIB...
The smoker prep for this recipe is specifically for torpedo-style smokers, but can be adapted to other smokers. Tender and delicious!!Read More
SAVORY GRILLED HALL...
Never had grilled Halloumi? Now there's no excuse! This recipe would be fantastic with your favorite herb infused olive oil, too. Just don't add ...Read More