KOREAN BBQ MARINADE•
Posted on July 28 2020
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh Asian pear juice or puree (optional)* (Making 1/4 cup of juice requires about 1/4 to 1/2 of an Asian pear. Use a juicer or blender or finely grate the pear and squeeze to extract the juice.)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
(optional add ins: hot pepper flakes to taste, 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice or a few dashes of sriracha)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and adjust quantities, if desired.
- Use sauce to marinate any meat you choose (beef short ribs are our favorite). Place the protein in a shallow dish or zip-top bag and coat evenly with marinade. Marinate for at least 2 hours and up to a day, turning at least once.
Recipe courtesy: Emily Han @kitchn
SAVORY GRILLED HALL...
Never had grilled Halloumi? Now there's no excuse! This recipe would be fantastic with your favorite herb infused olive oil, too. Just don't add ...Read More
Fresh Grilled Pinea...
Excellent with fish, chicken or pork, this salsa is a fresh and delicious addition to your grilling repertoire. You might just find yourself eatin...Read More
CINCO DE MAYO SMOKE...
The only things we love more than tacos are more tacos.Read More