½ lb block Halloumi cheese
2 TBSP chopped fresh oregano
1 TBSP olive oil
1 lemon, halved and grilled (flat side down)
Pita Bread - grilled
- Heat grill to medium-hot and lightly oil the grate.
- Slice cheese into thick slices, approximately ⅓-½ inches thick.
- Brush each Halloumi slice with olive oil on each side and place onto hot grill for 2 minutes.
- Flip and grill the opposite side for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with oregano. Drizzle cheese with more olive oil and squeeze lemon juice from the previously grilled lemon over the top.
- Serve with warm grilled pita bread.