- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb bacon
- 1/2 C ketchup
- 1/2 C BBQ sauce
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 4 Tbsp molasses
- 6 cans beans (2 chili, 2 pinto, 1 black, 1 red. Drain and rinse all beans but the chili beans
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1-2 green peppers, chopped
- Cook bacon and set aside. Crumble when cool.
- Brown hamburger and add onion and green pepper. Mix in ketchup, bbq sauce, brown sugar, mustard, and molasses.
- Add beans to hamburger mixture and heat through.
- Prepare your smoker, using whatever wood you prefer.
- Transfer hamburger and bean mixture to an appropriate pan and place in the smoker.
- Smoke at least 3 hours and stir occasionally.
- Finally, add crumbled bacon at the end of the cook.
Recipe courtesy of Parker Flitton.