- 3 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 4 pounds ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup steak sauce of choice
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup crushed corn chips (like Fritos®)
- 8 large brioche hamburger buns
- 8 slices Pepperjack cheese
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, roast the jalapeño peppers until blackened on all sides. Then place in a plastic bag and allow to sweat to loosen the blackened skin. Rub the skin off, seed if desired, and chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped jalapeños, ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, steak sauce, onion, hot pepper sauce, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and corn chips. Divide into 8 balls, and flatten into patties.
- Grill patties for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until well done. Top each one with a slice of Pepperjack cheese. Add to the hamburger buns and finish off with toppings.