- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, grated
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 wooden or metal skewers
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. If using wooden skewers, soak in water.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, parsley, cayenne, allspice, salt and pepper until evenly blended. Divide into 6 portions, and press around one end of the skewers to form a log shape approximately 1 inch thick and 6 inches long.
Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, occasionally turning, until meat is no longer pink.
Serving with any of the following would be delicious:
Chopped salad with Feta cheese
Middle Eastern spicy potatoes
Squash roasted in Middle Eastern spices
Spinach and Feta Cheese Dip