- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup dark soy sauce
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (Optional)
- Black GEL food coloring (this colors the wings better and doesn't make the sauce too thin.)
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and barbecue sauce together in a large glass bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir black food coloring in small amounts into the mixture until you get the desired dark color. Liberally pierce the wings with a fork; add to the sauce.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour the chicken and sauce into a large baking dish.
- Grill the chicken in the preheated smoker or grill until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).