CINCO DE MAYO SMOKED FLANK STEAK TACOS•
Posted on May 05 2021
- 1 flank steak
- 3 limes
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- fajita seasoning (we suggest Pancho and Lefty’s Rio Grande Fajita Seasoning) or whatever is your persona favorite
- olive oil
- 1 pkg corn tortillas
- 1 medium white onion - diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- cotija cheese, crumbled
- Rub flank steak with fajita seasoning and drizzle with the juice of two limes. Place into a zippered plastic bag and let marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat Smoker to 250 Degrees Fahrenheit (if you’re doing it on the grill, preheat on med-high heat).
- When the proper temperature is reached, take the flank steak out of the marinade and put on the smoker.
- Smoke for about an hour, or when the internal temperature is 135 F° in the thickest portion of the meat. If you are grilling the steak, it will take around 20 minutes or so, being sure to flip at least halfway through.
- Pull the flank steak off of the heat and let it rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Chop up the onion and cilantro, while the meat rests.
- Open the can of chiles and drain the fluid.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges.
- Prepare your corn tortillas by warming them in a pan with a little olive oil and then keep warm after bieng them off of the heat.
- Slice up the flank steak thin and against the grain (about a ¼ inch thick).
- Serve on a warm corn tortilla with onion, green chiles, cotija cheese, cilantro, and squeeze the lime wedge right over the top.
SMOKED STANDING RIB...
The smoker prep for this recipe is specifically for torpedo-style smokers, but can be adapted to other smokers. Tender and delicious!!Read More
SAVORY GRILLED HALL...
Never had grilled Halloumi? Now there's no excuse! This recipe would be fantastic with your favorite herb infused olive oil, too. Just don't add ...Read More
Fresh Grilled Pinea...
Excellent with fish, chicken or pork, this salsa is a fresh and delicious addition to your grilling repertoire. You might just find yourself eatin...Read More